Gay + Nerd = Awesome

Hey, guys! I'm Shane Cherry, The Quintessential Gaymer, and I'm known as the Gaymer Promoter of NYC. If you're a gay boy and you like video games, sci fi, anime, or other nerdy stuff, chances are, you're a "gaymer." And this blog is for you.

I throw regular parties at some of NYC's hottest party spots for even hotter boys, but I can't share all my favorite games in that kind of setting. Nobody wants to watch one guy play FF VII at a nightclub all night. So check in here to find out about all kinds of games -- gay-oriented or just plain awesome -- as well as finding out about new parties coming up, some video game news, and a sprinkling of some other nerdy stuff that tickles my fancy. Enjoy! ^_^

-SC

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fluidity -- Try as I Might, I Can't Find a Good Gay Joke for This

I thought tonight I'd review an understated game, but it's one I really enjoy.  This one's for the other Nintendo fans out there.  It's Fluidity, a full Wii Ware game with a price tag of only $12.

Innovative controls for a new concept: hydration.
You play as a magical water with the ultimate goal of cleaning evil ink off a self-narrating book.  I'm pretty sure who ever came up with the concept for this game was high as a kite.  In fact, I think the entire game is made for stoners.  But rest assured, I've done thorough testing, and it's very enjoyable, even when sober.

Really, what makes Fluidity fun is the innovative controls.  They make the very odd concept for the game really engaging.  Tilting the remote tilts the book, causing your water to move around.  Shake the remote up and down, and you shake the book, making your water jump.  Collecting water bubbles gives you more water to work with, and conversely, separating drops of your water from each other will cause them to evaporate.  You'll use the water to rescue lost rubber duckies, put out fires, move gears into machines, and fight fiery sludge monsters.  Hmmm... there's something very green about that concept.  Ha ha, green.

Fire monster bad.  Water smash.
Essentially, you're working with a puzzle-based platformer.  But you'll barely notice, because it's just soooooooooo relaxing.  The game's controls are so smoothly integrated into the game that everything simply flows like .... well, like water.  The bright colors, smooth graphics, and dulcet music will relax you.  But at the same time, the puzzles are engaging enough that you won't be bored.  Time just flies by while you come up with the right pattern of jumps and waves to accomplish your goals.  It's a soothing experience -- calm, serene, but still accompanied by a feeling of accomplishment.

Ultimately, the game won't be for everyone.  It's simple, and if you're looking for a plot rivaling Final Fantasy, you won't find it.  But for only twelve bucks, it's a very engaging game that bridges the gap between puzzler and platformer.  ... .... ... And it's great when you're high.  XD

PARTY NEWS

Boiparty.com presents Twink Tuesdays GAYME Night: A Very Nerdy Birthday!

July 12th at Splash, I'm celebrating my... ugh... 26th birthday. <-_-::>
But I'll take some of the sting off it with Wii Sports, Super Mario Wii, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

So if you've fallen in love with this blog instantly and just have to tell me how much you love it!... or more likely, you want a night of drinking Stoli and thunder-bolting sucka's who keep trying to jump over Pikachu, come on by and I'll kick your ass a little.

It's actually going to be a huge party, so despite my not being terribly excited about being older, it's going to be amazing.  I've got a ton of guys coming out to dance and game, so if you just like hot shirtless guys on the dance floor (not to mention the Boiparty.com gogo team of pre-approved hotties), you've got plenty going on.  Besides, nerds are cute.  They have very big things in their pants... checkbooks.

I will warn you though.  I'm only ever a loud person if I'm having sex or playing video games, so if you find yourself in either situation with me, you can expect a lot of trash talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment